Recipe by Fauve
If you like serving warm, fresh bread at mealtime, but find yourself limited on time... try this delicious "supper bread." I've used this recipe throughout the years and it always turns out wonderfully. This old recipe is from Southern Living's January 1986 issue.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and milk, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 450* for 10 to 12 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.