My Mayo recipe. I use it all the time! So much better than store-bought! I make this in my kitchenaid mixer with the wisk attachment, so that's how my instructions read. You can also do it by hand, if you have good stamina and maybe a couple extra hands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and dry ingredients.
- 2Combine lemon juice and vinegar in a separate bowl then thoroughly whisk half into the yolk mixture.
- 3Start whisking on medium high, then start adding the oil a few drops at a time until the liquid seems to thicken and lighten a bit.
- 4Once you reach that point you can turn the mixer speed down a touch and increase the oil flow to a constant, thin stream.
- 5Once half of the oil is in add the rest of the lemon juice mixture.
- 6Continue whisking until all of the oil is incorporated.
- 7Leave at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours then refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayonnaise (From Scratch)
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.7
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 293.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g