Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mayo recipe. I use it all the time! So much better than store-bought! I make this in my kitchenaid mixer with the wisk attachment, so that's how my instructions read. You can also do it by hand, if you have good stamina and maybe a couple extra hands.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 pinches sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh is best but can use bottled
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- In mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and dry ingredients.
- Combine lemon juice and vinegar in a separate bowl then thoroughly whisk half into the yolk mixture.
- Start whisking on medium high, then start adding the oil a few drops at a time until the liquid seems to thicken and lighten a bit.
- Once you reach that point you can turn the mixer speed down a touch and increase the oil flow to a constant, thin stream.
- Once half of the oil is in add the rest of the lemon juice mixture.
- Continue whisking until all of the oil is incorporated.
- Leave at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours then refrigerate for up to 1 week.