Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tuna, crumbled bacon, diced ham or chopped olives can be added to this basic, versatile recipe.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- lettuce leaf
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Spread on 2 slices of bread.
- Top with lettuce and remaining bread.
I had some cottage cheese left and chose your recipe to use. My husband I enjoyed this just as a salad with sliced tomatoes, not as a sandwich. Thanks for the recipe.
Really enjoyed this! I will definitely make this again!
This made a very delicious egg salad for breakfast this morning. The mustard was stone ground and I used a sharp cheddar cheese. The egg salad was spooned on top of toasted bagels for a delicious meal with fresh cut melon on the side.