Recipe by dcwang wang
Copied this from http://iwant.on.ca/Recipes/. It's only about 12 calories per tablespoon. It's by a diabetic person. Definitely going to try it when I have time. 1 serving= 2 tablespoons. Cooking time estimated.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 medium egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- sugar substitute, equivalent of 3 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak gelatin in water and set aside.
- Scald milk in a double broiler then slowly pour over beaten egg yolks, stirring constantly to prevent curdling.
- REturn egg-milk mixture to double broiler
- Add salt, mustard, paprika.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring constant until mixture is thick enough to coat spoon.
- Pour into pint jar.
- Cover and chill.
- Stir before using.