Recipe by awilliams234
This is a recipe my grandmother used to make for us all the time. I'm talking about in the late 1950's and early 1960's. I remember how good it was either hot or cold. Hope you'll try it and see!
- 1 whole chicken (cut into 8 pieces, skin on or off, whatever you choose )
- 1⁄2 cup regular mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix mayonnaise with milk. Wisk until smooth.
- 2. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to mayonnaise mixture. Mix well.
- 3. Dip each chicken piece into mayonnaise mixture until coated. Allow excess to drip off.
- 4. Roll chicken in bread crumbs until coated well. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Raise heat to 425 and bake an additional 15 minutes to crisp crumbs.