Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This cake was always requested by my DH and his brother. My DH's mom would always make it for them. I was always iffy about trying this cake for myself until my DH made it for us. It truly is a moist, light tasting cake. And I know now that my son will be requesting for it too!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (NOT MIRACLE WHIP!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix with hand blender until blended together well.
- In a 9 1/2 X 11 cake pan, grease sides lightly with oil or non-stick spray. Spread cake batter in pan evenly.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- When cake is done, cool completely (very hard to do because it's yummy right out of the oven -- tasting so nice and warm).
- Top cake with a dust of powdered sugar.
That was nice.. really good and strange.. but good.. thank you for publish it.
I'm sorry but this cake tasted like cardboard and mayonnaise. Maybe it was the cocoa I used but this really wasn't very good.