Recipe by Teenah
This cake was always requested by my DH and his brother. My DH's mom would always make it for them. I was always iffy about trying this cake for myself until my DH made it for us. It truly is a moist, light tasting cake. And I know now that my son will be requesting for it too!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (NOT MIRACLE WHIP!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix with hand blender until blended together well.
- In a 9 1/2 X 11 cake pan, grease sides lightly with oil or non-stick spray. Spread cake batter in pan evenly.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- When cake is done, cool completely (very hard to do because it's yummy right out of the oven -- tasting so nice and warm).
- Top cake with a dust of powdered sugar.