Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the very first recipe I ever made by myself. I think I was probably around 11-12 years old. Boy, did I think I was so grown-up cooking biscuits! I know you're probably thinking "mayonnaise in biscuits"...but you really should try them. They are so good! I just found this recipe again...haven't made these in years. I can't wait to cook them again. Cook time is approximate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients well so that the dough is smooth.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls into the muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven approx.
- 30 minutes or until biscuits are done.
I've been using this same recipe since 1959 without adding any other ingredients for flavoring.
They have always been great as is. Being on a low-fat, low-sodium diet we're not able to eat
highly seasoned foods.
If you don't have self-rising flour in your pantry - add 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt
to 1 cup of all-purpose flour - it will save you buying it.
I used low fat mayo and skim milk. Not quite as tender but still a tasty biscuit.
Great biscuits! So easy! I use low fat mayo to reduce the lipids even more.