Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups vegetable oil (High-grade)
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in a blender (with the center of the lid removed) or a food processor fitted with a plastic blade and blend or process for 2 minutes.
- Pour the oil in a very thin stream through the top or down the feed tube until it has all been incorporated.
- Blend or process for 30 seconds more.
Lovely! Very creamy mayonnaise. I substituted Spanish onion for the green onion and apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice and it all worked very well. As a cooking-loving grandmother, this is the first time I have attempted mayonnaise, and I am very proud of myself!
This recipe worked great in my food processor. As can be expected, the mayonnaise had a heavy green onion taste and a slight green color to it. It makes a nice meat sandwich spread.