Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This can also be made in a food processor: Place first four ingredients and 1/8 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice in bowl of food processor fitted with a metal blade. With motor runing, add oil drop by drop through hole in lid, then in a steady trickle until the desired consistency is achieved. Add remaining vinegar. Do not overbeat or it will be too thick.
- 2 egg yolks
- white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon dried mustard, if desired
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil (about 1 cup) or 1 cup vegetable oil (about 1 cup)
- Place egg yolks in a bowl with salt and pepper, mustard, if desired and 1/8 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice.
- Beating constantly with a wire whisk, add oil drop by drop at first, then in a steady trickle until the mayonnaise is thick.
- Add remaining vinegar and adjust seasoning, if desired; stir again.