Recipe by PoeticSerenity
I personally don't like the taste of mayonnaise, so would never eat potato salad. Don't know where this recipe came from, but it ended up pretty good. Always a hit at our summer parties!
Top Review by ProudGrandma
Not being fond of mayo, I tried the recipe. It tastes better served warm. It offers a lot of room for substitutions. Without the eggs, it makes a good picnic dish that doesn't require refrigeration. I was surprised at how good it tasted.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring the potatoes to a boil.
- Add the eggs into the same pot. Boil for 10 minutes until hard boiled. Take the eggs out of the pot with tongs, but leave the potatoes until you can easily stick a fork into them.
- While potatoes continue to boil, rinse the eggs in cold water to cool down.
- While eggs continue to cool, dice red onion.
- Dice the eggs.
- Remove potatoes from water and dice into large chunks.
- While potatoes are still hot, combine with eggs and onions (heat from potatoes slightly cooks the onions).
- Add seasonings. (These measurements are a guesstimate -- I usually just eyeball and add until it tastes right).
- Serve warm or refrigerate if desired (I prefer mine warm).