Recipe by Bobbi Camacho
I made these for my sons' Kindergarten class. They were a big hit around Thanksgiving when they were studying the Mayflower.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cake mix, -any flavor
- 1 (4 ounce) can white frosting
- 4 drops blue food coloring
- 24 slices oranges or 24 slices cherries
- 24 toothpicks
- 24 pieces rectangles made fruit leather
- 24 cupcake liners
- 24 fish decorative candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box.
- Put cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Carefully, put 4 drops of blue food coloring in the white frosting container to make the "water".
- Pour cake batter into liners and bake according to times on the cake mix box.
- When cupcakes are baked and cooled, spread the blue frosting over the tops.
- Next, grab a cherry or orange slice and put a toothpick on to flat side of the "boat".
- With the toothpick, poke a hole in the paper rectangle or fruit leather rectangle. Put your "Mayflower boat" on top of the cupcake.
- Decorate the side of the boat with a candy fish.
- Enjoy and give thanks to a job well done!