Recipe by Cheryl Thebeau-Blevins
Mayfair Salad Dressing from the Mayfair Hotel
Top Review by SUE LAMB
It's wonderful!!. We have been making this receipt of Mayfair dressing for more than 20 years. My parents visited your restaurant and were given the ingredients many years ago. It's about the only dressing used in our house! thanks again.!!
- 1⁄3 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 whole anchovies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 whole egg
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- A St. Louis tradition. Use a food processor to make dressing.
- Blanche onion and celery very briefly (5-10 seconds) in boiling water and drain.
- Combine everything except eggs and oil in processor and blend for 2 or 3 seconds.
- Add egg and blend again.
- Then, with processor on, slowly dribble in oil to make creamy mayonnaise type dressing.
- run processor until dressing is very smooth.
- Correct salt and pepper seasoning.
- This will keep for a week or so if covered tightly and refrigerated.
- If Parmesan cheese is used in salad, do not add until the salad is tossed with dressing.