1/1 Photo of Mayan Supper Salad
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This makes a great backyard salad. Great flavor. It is the type of salad that lets you add ingredients as your imagination soars!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa, well-rinsed and toasted
- 1/2 cup corn kernel (fresh-cooked or thawed frozen)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided (can use lime)
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 cups black beans (if canned, rinse)
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- lemons (optional) or lime wedge (optional)
- 1In medium saucepan, combine quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork and place aside to cool.
- 3Combine cooled quinoa, corn, 1 tbls juice, pineapple, scallions and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4In separate bowl, combine garlic, beans, tomato, 1 tbls juice, cilantro and 1/4 cup sunflower seeds.
- 5TO SERVE:.
- 6Spread bean mixture onto a serving platter and mound the quinoa on top.
- 7Garnish with additional sunflower seeds.
- 8Arrange wedges of lemon or lime around edges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayan Supper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g