Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a special guacemole I got from a Guatemalan friend. It is very spicy due to the habanero pepper and the fresh mint gives it a special twist. Very special and very good for instance with tortilla chips or BBQ skewers!
- 3 avocados
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- In mortar, squash habanero pepper to release the juice. Remove pepper so just the juice is left in the mortar. Add avocados and mash with a fork to a purée. add remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.