Recipe by jess03su
I love this recipe. The first time I tried one I thought I was about to eat a plain chocolate cookie, was I in for a surprise... I couldn't stop eating these!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- semisweet chocolate morsel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, spices and cocoa in a bowl and add to the butter mixture.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until batter is uniform.
- Using your hands, roll dough into balls about the width of a quarter and tuck about 5 chocolate morsels into the center of each one.
- Press one rounded side of ball in sugar.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper and place balls on the paper.
- Flatten dough balls using a glass.
- Bake for 8 minutes, being careful not to overbake; the cookies should be delicate and soft in the center.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet.