I love this recipe. The first time I tried one I thought I was about to eat a plain chocolate cookie, was I in for a surprise... I couldn't stop eating these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder, salt, spices and cocoa in a bowl and add to the butter mixture.
- 4Add egg and vanilla and mix until batter is uniform.
- 5Using your hands, roll dough into balls about the width of a quarter and tuck about 5 chocolate morsels into the center of each one.
- 6Press one rounded side of ball in sugar.
- 7Line cookie sheets with waxed paper and place balls on the paper.
- 8Flatten dough balls using a glass.
- 9Bake for 8 minutes, being careful not to overbake; the cookies should be delicate and soft in the center.
- 10Let cool on the cookie sheet.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayan Mystery Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g