Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I mixed in some espresso powder and cinnamon with my chocolate to create a different-tasting chocolate covered strawberry. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Guirardelli)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon espresso powder (or more-to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (or more-to taste)
- Wash and dry your strawberries keeping the green tops on.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over a low simmer.
- Stir in the espresso powder and cinnamon. Mix well.
- When melted, remove the chocolate from the heat.
- When chocolate is cool to the touch, dip strawberry tips in halfway up the strawberry.
- Rest each strawberry on a plate then chill in the fridge allowing the chocolate to harden. (I usually set the strawberries upside down on the green stem part--they will stay in place up against the plates' edge).
- Allow to chill about 30 minutes or more then serve!
Yummy! The espresso and cinnamon takes chocolate covered strawberries to a whole new level. Very easy to make. I did add a bit of cream into the double boiler with the chocolate (about 1-2 T). Thank you for the recipe.
I often make chocolate covered strawberries and looked forward to trying this new variation. The results were fantastic. There was just a hint of espresso and cinnamon flavour that kind of caught you off guard, in a really good way. I will make these often.