Recipe by bayou-mimi
Flavorful and spicy, it's one of our favorite ways to fix chicken these days. It's especially handy when you mix it up the night before,and marinade overnight. I found this on the web somewhere, and have thanked the person who posted it each time we have it. I usually serve it with Black beans,yellow rice and a fruit salad with mango, strawberries and kiwi.
Top Review by happy2bme_9_8206787
I marinated bone-in chicken thighs overnight then put the entire thing in the crock pot on high for about 2 hours, then reduced to low for another 2 hours. Served it up at my Mayan supper over the weekend and got lots of requests for the recipe. Yummy!
- 118.29 ml bitter orange juice (or 1/4 C orange juice C grapefruit juice)
- 59.14 ml grapefruit juice
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.92-19.71 ml minced habanero (or use jalapenos)
- 29.58 ml cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml anchiote oil (annato, or mix vegetable oil with 1 tsp paprika)
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 680.38 g chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless breasts cut into wide stips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except the chicken and whisk until well mixed.
- Add chicken and coat throughly. Cover and chill 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Stir once in a while.
- Grill over medium to hot oiled grill 5-7 min on each side until chicken.
- is white in the center. Serve with beans and rice.