Recipe by bayou-mimi
Flavorful and spicy, it's one of our favorite ways to fix chicken these days. It's especially handy when you mix it up the night before,and marinade overnight. I found this on the web somewhere, and have thanked the person who posted it each time we have it. I usually serve it with Black beans,yellow rice and a fruit salad with mango, strawberries and kiwi.
Top Review by happy2bme_9_8206787
I marinated bone-in chicken thighs overnight then put the entire thing in the crock pot on high for about 2 hours, then reduced to low for another 2 hours. Served it up at my Mayan supper over the weekend and got lots of requests for the recipe. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup bitter orange juice (or 1/4 C orange juice C grapefruit juice)
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -4 teaspoon minced habanero (or use jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons anchiote oil (annato, or mix vegetable oil with 1 tsp paprika)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless breasts cut into wide stips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except the chicken and whisk until well mixed.
- Add chicken and coat throughly. Cover and chill 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Stir once in a while.
- Grill over medium to hot oiled grill 5-7 min on each side until chicken.
- is white in the center. Serve with beans and rice.