Flavorful and spicy, it's one of our favorite ways to fix chicken these days. It's especially handy when you mix it up the night before,and marinade overnight. I found this on the web somewhere, and have thanked the person who posted it each time we have it. I usually serve it with Black beans,yellow rice and a fruit salad with mango, strawberries and kiwi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup bitter orange juice (or 1/4 C orange juice C grapefruit juice)
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -4 teaspoon minced habanero (or use jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons anchiote oil (annato, or mix vegetable oil with 1 tsp paprika)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless breasts cut into wide stips)
- 1Combine everything except the chicken and whisk until well mixed.
- 2Add chicken and coat throughly. Cover and chill 2-4 hours or overnight.
- 3Stir once in a while.
- 4Grill over medium to hot oiled grill 5-7 min on each side until chicken.
- 5is white in the center. Serve with beans and rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayan Chicken W/ Spicy Orange Paste
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 401.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 36.2 g