Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Flavorful and spicy, it's one of our favorite ways to fix chicken these days. It's especially handy when you mix it up the night before,and marinade overnight. I found this on the web somewhere, and have thanked the person who posted it each time we have it. I usually serve it with Black beans,yellow rice and a fruit salad with mango, strawberries and kiwi.
- 1⁄2 cup bitter orange juice (or 1/4 C orange juice C grapefruit juice)
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -4 teaspoon minced habanero (or use jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons anchiote oil (annato, or mix vegetable oil with 1 tsp paprika)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless breasts cut into wide stips)
- Combine everything except the chicken and whisk until well mixed.
- Add chicken and coat throughly. Cover and chill 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Stir once in a while.
- Grill over medium to hot oiled grill 5-7 min on each side until chicken.
- is white in the center. Serve with beans and rice.