Recipe by Ambervim
Rich and VERY nutritious soup. Substitue other green leaves from the garden if you have no chaya.
- 20 leaf , chaya (tender, washed)
- 473.18 ml milk (whole make it nice and rich)
- 4 leaf basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 236.59 ml vegetable bouillon (chicken OK)
- salt, to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Chaya leaves, chopped onions and crushed garlic in a pot with the bouillon and cook for two minutes or until leaves are blanched (use mid-heat).
- Add milk and let it cool.
- Use a stick blender mix to a smooth velvety texture the remaining ingredients,
- Cook another five to ten minutes or until mixture gets really hot but does not boil.
- Serve hot.
- Add the final touch by placing the unsweetened cream in a small bag; cutting the bag’s bottom tip, you can create a lovely design atop your served soup bowls.
- For a zesty taste, sprinkle a bit of crush dried red chili as well.
- Or add a dab of sour cream.