Rich and VERY nutritious soup. Substitue other green leaves from the garden if you have no chaya.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Chaya leaves, chopped onions and crushed garlic in a pot with the bouillon and cook for two minutes or until leaves are blanched (use mid-heat).
- 2Add milk and let it cool.
- 3Use a stick blender mix to a smooth velvety texture the remaining ingredients,
- 4Cook another five to ten minutes or until mixture gets really hot but does not boil.
- 5Serve hot.
- 6Add the final touch by placing the unsweetened cream in a small bag; cutting the bag’s bottom tip, you can create a lovely design atop your served soup bowls.
- 7For a zesty taste, sprinkle a bit of crush dried red chili as well.
- 8Or add a dab of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayan Chaya Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 244.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: