Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich and VERY nutritious soup. Substitue other green leaves from the garden if you have no chaya.
Make and share this Mayan Chaya Cream Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Place Chaya leaves, chopped onions and crushed garlic in a pot with the bouillon and cook for two minutes or until leaves are blanched (use mid-heat).
- Add milk and let it cool.
- Use a stick blender mix to a smooth velvety texture the remaining ingredients,
- Cook another five to ten minutes or until mixture gets really hot but does not boil.
- Serve hot.
- Add the final touch by placing the unsweetened cream in a small bag; cutting the bag’s bottom tip, you can create a lovely design atop your served soup bowls.
- For a zesty taste, sprinkle a bit of crush dried red chili as well.
- Or add a dab of sour cream.