1/1 Photo of Mayan Banana "Ice Cream" Pie
6 hrs 20 mins
This is loosely based on a dessert I love, my mom ’s frozen peanut butter pie. Of course, I adore Haagen Dazs Mayan chocolate ice cream, too, so I thought I would try to combine the 2. You may not need the full half cup of butter for the crust, but I live at high altitude and its super dry, so I need it all!! The chocolate chips can be adjusted based on how chocolate-y you want it, but when it’s frozen, it is best to have the mini ones! I may say it serves 8, but my boyfriend thinks it should only serve 2… haha Cook Time is Freezing Time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1- line a pie plate with wax paper, hanging over the edges for “handles”.
- 2- mix together crust ingredients and press into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- 3- slice bananas and layer over top of the crust and up the sides.
- 4- mix together cream cheese, Cool Whip and cinnamon, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- 5- Put it in the freezer overnight to freeze.
- 6- When ready to serve, take out of freezer and grab the wax paper “handles” to remove pie to a cutting board.
- 7- Use a hot knife to slice into 8 and serve drizzle with chocolate syrup and crushed walnuts!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayan Banana "Ice Cream" Pie
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.1
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 206.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g