Recipe by Cadillacgirl
This is loosely based on a dessert I love, my mom ’s frozen peanut butter pie. Of course, I adore Haagen Dazs Mayan chocolate ice cream, too, so I thought I would try to combine the 2. You may not need the full half cup of butter for the crust, but I live at high altitude and its super dry, so I need it all!! The chocolate chips can be adjusted based on how chocolate-y you want it, but when it’s frozen, it is best to have the mini ones! I may say it serves 8, but my boyfriend thinks it should only serve 2… haha Cook Time is Freezing Time
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
This yummy pie is one I will make and keep frozen on hand to serve guests after summer barbecues or Mexican fiestas. For less intense cinnamon flavor and my family's preference, I recommend including only 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in the filling. I used an 8-ounce container of "Light" frozen whipped topping to help reduce the fat and calories. Also, a full half cup of melted butter was not necessary in the crust. I did, however, place the formed crust into my freezer for 15 minutes before filling it. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us and best of luck in the contest!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 liter Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
- walnuts, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- - line a pie plate with wax paper, hanging over the edges for “handles”.
- - mix together crust ingredients and press into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- - slice bananas and layer over top of the crust and up the sides.
- - mix together cream cheese, Cool Whip and cinnamon, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- - Put it in the freezer overnight to freeze.
- - When ready to serve, take out of freezer and grab the wax paper “handles” to remove pie to a cutting board.
- - Use a hot knife to slice into 8 and serve drizzle with chocolate syrup and crushed walnuts!