Recipe by Max Maloney
I tried the "Delicious Corn Muffins" recipe posted here from "Top Secret Recipes" and found that it was lacking in a few areas, so here's my version. I changed some ingredients and gave more detailed instructions on how to mix them. This is the best muffin I have ever had, period. Be sure not to overcook them, they are done when the edges of the muffin are golden brown and the top is still yellow. (Note: it says 0-2/3 cup of sugar, this is a typo. It should say 2/3 cup)
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml honey
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml yellow cornmeal
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml frozen corn, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs while mixing, then honey.
- Slowly add dry ingredients while mixing.
- Add buttermilk while mixing.
- Add corn, use a spatula to stir kernels into batter.
- Lightly butter a 12 cup muffin pan and fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until muffins are golden brown on edges and yellow on top.