Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I tried the "Delicious Corn Muffins" recipe posted here from "Top Secret Recipes" and found that it was lacking in a few areas, so here's my version. I changed some ingredients and gave more detailed instructions on how to mix them. This is the best muffin I have ever had, period. Be sure not to overcook them, they are done when the edges of the muffin are golden brown and the top is still yellow. (Note: it says 0-2/3 cup of sugar, this is a typo. It should say 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs while mixing, then honey.
- Slowly add dry ingredients while mixing.
- Add buttermilk while mixing.
- Add corn, use a spatula to stir kernels into batter.
- Lightly butter a 12 cup muffin pan and fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until muffins are golden brown on edges and yellow on top.
Loved these! Definitely will make again exactly as posted. Thank you Max Maloney for sharing. And thank you Chef#535633 for recommending.
These were really good. I espcially like the corn in the muffins. My DH and I finished these off within 2 days. I will be making these again. Thanks for the great recipe.
These are on the top of my list for Corn Muffins! My family loves them and since we eat muffins quite often I am always looking for another kind to make. These are delicious!