Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These pancakes are extremely easy to make, really fluffy and taste fantastic.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat a frying pan on the stove, use medium heat.
- Pour batter into frying pan making approximately 4 inch diameter circles.
- Check the underside of the pancakes to see how well done they are.
- Flip the pancakes over when they're golden brown on the underside. Too brown and they're a bit overcooked.
- They should be done when both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with any topping of your choice. I prefer ice cream, or thickened cream (double cream) and syrup.
I gave 4 stars because of the ease of these pancakes. For some reason they were VERY flat. I added some extra baking powder and they rose a little bit. I also added a little more sugar because after I cooked the first one and tasted it..it was pretty salty. After that they were pretty good tastewise but I like fluffier pancakes.