Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This bread gets rave reviews when I make it at Summer cookouts. I get requests for it all the time. It's not difficult but the addition of my "secret" ingredient really makes a difference over the standard garlic, butter and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 large French bread (split lengthwise)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Split bread lengthwise.
- Mix softened butter, garlic, ranch dressing, and 1/2 the cheese together.
- Spread butter mixture on bread and sprinkle Italian seasoning and remaining cheese evenly over split loaf.
- Place on broiler pan or cookie sheet and broil 5-6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until nicely browned. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Good Bread! I added a bit of mozzeralla cheese and parsley to the top. Had with spaghetti dinner. Prepared as a participant in the 2010 Zaar Cookbook Tag March 2010.
We loved it with our Spaghetti dinner. I used whole wheat Italian bread and we enjoyed it down to the last piece! I took one of the other viewers suggestion and baked it for about 10 mins. before broiling the top. So good!
This was really great garlic bread. I took someone's suggestion of baking it just a bit (about 10 minutes at 350 degrees, I think) before broiling it. And the butter was only just beginning to melt and penetrate beyond the surface. But the edges were browning nicely, and the flavors had melded together quite nicely. Overall, it was--as the title suggests--killer garlic bread. Made for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2009.