1/1 Photo of Max's Hoisin and Vegetable Sushi Roll
Max and Dad's Note:
A fun recipe to make with the kids. Before making it, go shopping at an international market to find the ingredients. Even though all of the ingredients for this recipe can be found at your local supermarket it is fun to wander the aisles of the international markets and see things you normally wouldn't, especially if you find a really authentic market. My sons love investigating everything; from whole frozen rabbits (head and feet included) to pig ears, live octopi and many more culinary odities.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the rice with vinegar and mix lightly.
- 2Dip your fingers in water to keep the rice from sticking to your fingers as you spread it onto the nori.
- 3Spread enough rice thinly and evenly onto nori to cover completely while leaving about 1 inch of nori uncovered at one end (finishing end). Sprinkle rice with sesame seeds.
- 4Spread 1/2" wide line of hoisin sauce on top of the rice along the width of the rice and nori at the beginning end.
- 5Add julienned carrots, cucumbers, water chestnuts and avacodos on top of the hoisin sauce, in a row, end to end the width of the nori sheet.
- 6Dip fingers in water and wet the last 1 inch of the finishing end of the nori so it will seal - like the glue on an envelope.
- 7Make a tight "jelly roll" starting at the begining end. Let the roll sit for 5 - 10 minutes and then slice into 8 - 10 even sections. Letting it sit for a few minutes will make the wrapper easier to cut. Use a serrated bread knife to cut the roll.
- 8Accompany with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabe.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Max's Hoisin and Vegetable Sushi Roll
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar