Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Easy way to prepare an inexpensive steak
Top Review by Michael Stoner
Turned out to make a great steak! I didn't end up using the horseradish as I didn't have any, but the steaks were still great. I ended up grilling mine for about 4 min on both sides (med-high), but found it a little too well done for my liking. This was because I had a fairly thin steak and I should have gone for a shorter cooking time.
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, garlic, salt, horseradish, and olive oil. Place the steaks on a shallow dish and rub the mixture all over the meat. Marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or, better still, covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Turn the meat from time to time to coat both sides evenly.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator an hour before cooking. When your are ready to grill, preheat barbecue grill.
- Heat broiler; broil steak approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done to your preference using a meat thermometer (see below).
- Rare - 120°F
- Medium Rare - 125°F
- Medium - 130°F.
- When the steaks are done to your liking, remove from oven, let sit 15 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven). Slice steak across grain into 1/4-inch slices. Place on a platter or individual dinner plates.