Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy way to prepare an inexpensive steak
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, garlic, salt, horseradish, and olive oil. Place the steaks on a shallow dish and rub the mixture all over the meat. Marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or, better still, covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Turn the meat from time to time to coat both sides evenly.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator an hour before cooking. When your are ready to grill, preheat barbecue grill.
- Heat broiler; broil steak approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done to your preference using a meat thermometer (see below).
- Rare - 120°F
- Medium Rare - 125°F
- Medium - 130°F.
- When the steaks are done to your liking, remove from oven, let sit 15 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven). Slice steak across grain into 1/4-inch slices. Place on a platter or individual dinner plates.
Turned out to make a great steak! I didn't end up using the horseradish as I didn't have any, but the steaks were still great. I ended up grilling mine for about 4 min on both sides (med-high), but found it a little too well done for my liking. This was because I had a fairly thin steak and I should have gone for a shorter cooking time.
This is a wonderful way to make a steak. I am not a great steak maker, but when I did attempt to make these, my family thought they were perfectly done, and the taste was out of this world. We like the taste of garlic, so we thought it was just right. The horseradish gave it a nice zing. Thanks Grace, for giving me an easier way to make a perfect steak. Grilling sometimes doesn't work out for me! Fast, easy and delicious!
Cooked this using ribeye steaks. I thought it was great and very easy. The wife thouht a little too much garlic.