Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
I made this casserole for years made it again when my friend Tandy's Dad gave me fresh squash. You may want more or less salt.
- 6 medium yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook squash in a small amount of water. Drain, add butter and mash well.
- Put onion in blender to liquidify and add to squash.
- Beat eggs and add soup, 1 cup cheese, garlic salt, add salt and pepper.
- Put in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Last 5 minutes, sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the stuffing mix and 1/2 cup cheese.