Recipe by mermaidmagic
My friend Maxine never ceases to amaze me with the way she prepares food. Simple and delicious. Her pasta salad is not only my favorite, but it makes a colorful presentation. Serving size, cooking and prep times are all estimates.
Top Review by Marie
I have been using the Good Seasons Italian salad dressing for my pasta salads for a long time and it is the best. I especially liked the veggies used in this one and the addition of the Romano cheese, although I only used 1/2 a cup. Thanks so much for posting and reminding me to make this in the middle of winter. Delicious!
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced in half
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned,blanched and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cleaned,seeds removed,and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, cleaned,seeds removed,and chopped
- 1 cup romano cheese, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packet Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare packet of salad dressing with oil and vinegar, as stated on envelope.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Add sliced mushrooms, olives, peppers, asparagus, cheese and Italian dressing.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and adjust s&p or cheese to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Maxine likes to arrange some of the colored vegetables on top for a prettier presentation.