Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe years ago from an old family friend and it has always been a favorite at our house. It's a heavy, but moist cake and so very easy to make. You can also play with the flavors of cake mix and pudding. My favorite is white cake mix with vanilla flavored pudding mix, but you can easily change this to yellow or chocolate cake mix with chocolate pudding, or any variation you might like. Enjoy!
- 10 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use the mini's)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Here's the best part:.
- throw it all in a mixing bowl and mix away -- until good and smooth of course.
- Pour into a greased and floured (I use Pam for baking) bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- NOTE: For a dark coated bundt pan, bake at 325.
- Let cool in bundt pan approx 5 minutes, and turn onto cake plate.
- Optional: After cake has completly cooled, dust with sifted powdered sugar.
Mmmmmm! Took this to my parent's house for dessert one night, and it was gobbled up! It is very rich and filling and just the right amount of sweet. Thank you for sharing!!