Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 hrs
This is another prized recipes from our church. It is also the "secret" ingredient in "Maxine's Potato Salad", and many other recipes. I consider this to be one of the staples in our pantry and one of the reasons I grow cucumbers.
- 3784.0 ml sliced cucumbers
- 3785.0 ml water
- 103.53 ml salt
- 1419.57 ml apple cider vinegar
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml celery seed
- 29.58 ml mustard seeds
- 14.78 ml curry powder
- Soak cucumber slices in salt water overnight.
- Drain and rinse.
- Make a syrup of last 5 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Put cucumbers into syrup and reduce heat to below boiling point.
- Stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Place cucumbers in hot sterile jars.
- Bring liquid back to boiling point and pour into jars.
- They will seal.