This is another prized recipes from our church. It is also the "secret" ingredient in "Maxine's Potato Salad", and many other recipes. I consider this to be one of the staples in our pantry and one of the reasons I grow cucumbers.
- Soak cucumber slices in salt water overnight.
- Drain and rinse.
- Make a syrup of last 5 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Put cucumbers into syrup and reduce heat to below boiling point.
- Stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Place cucumbers in hot sterile jars.
- Bring liquid back to boiling point and pour into jars.
- They will seal.