Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
The recipe for Grandma Maxine's famous jelly. Historically, she has made the jelly, canned it and froze until ready to consume.
- 5 cups blackberries
- 3 cups grape juice (Concord)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope Certo
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush blackberries using a food mill and reserve juice. Strain juice off of blackberries and set aside. Measure reserved juice. Add concord grape juice to reserved blackberry juice so that it totals 3 cups of juice.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and 1/2 of the box of dry jello to a pan. Bring to a rolling boil. Add certo and cook for 4 minutes.
- Put in jars and cover with paraffin wax. Seal jars by properly canning. Alternatively, store in refrigerator for a week and enjoy fresh jelly.