Recipe by RZ1234
This series of donut recipes is from the Maxim Donut Bites manual. These are light and sweet, and even tastier if you roll them in powdered sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons skim milk or 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 egg whites or 2 egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Donut Bites machine for 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center; add milk, honey, egg whites, oil and vanilla. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened and batter is smooth.
- Fill each donut hole with a heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Close unit and lock into place.
- Bake for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes or until donuts are browned.
- Remove donuts from machine and repeat with remaining batter.
- *If donuts become too light during baking, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional flour.