My wife loves the Tuscan Chicken and this was the closest copycat recipe we could find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces medium mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichokes, drained and quartered
- 4 ounces onions, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 ounces roma tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 ounces whole butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 sprigs Italian parsley (for garnish)
- 4 baked potatoes
- 16 ounces dried capellini (Angel Hair)
- 1Bake potatoes or boil pasta to serve with chicken.
- 2Preheat a broiler or charcoal grill to cook chicken.
- 3In a small bowl, combine chicken breasts, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Stir to coat the chicken breasts.
- 4Wash and quarter mushrooms. Peel and cut onions into thin strips. Chop garlic, wash and quarter Roma tomatoes lengthwise. Drain artichokes and measure out remaining ingredients.
- 5Place chicken breasts in broiler or on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping for chicken in a large sauté pan. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it is hot add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- 7Add the mushrooms and artichokes 2 teaspoons of black pepper, Italian seasoning and salt and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Turn the chicken breasts over to complete cooking on grill or broiler. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken and the temperature of the grill or broilers. Be sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- 9Add your favorite white wine to mushrooms and artichokes and reduce by 1/2 volume.
- 10Toss in Roma tomatoes and heat just until warm.
- 11Just before serving, toss in the whole butter until it is just melted.
- 12Place the chicken breasts on a platter or dinner plate and top with sauté pan of Tuscan vegetables.
- 13Serve with a baked potato, or angel hair pasta garnished with a nice large sprig of Italian parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Max & Erma's Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 1406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 51.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: