Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
GOOOOOOOD! Nice and spicy. This makes a lot.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (chunky)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- Add all to large pot. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour. Can be topped with:.
- flour tortilla chips, cut into strips and fried.
- or shredded cheese.
- I did not add the cilantro, red chili powder, salt or pepper. (I forgot).
- I also used fat free soups where I could.
- This was still delicious.
Not sure that the sodium content can even be close to being right, a can of cream of mushroom soup has 37% of your daily requirement for 4 servings and with 10 cans of high sodium stuff for 15 servings you are going to get at least a days worth in every serving. Heart attack in a bowl. Can't imagine the sodium content in this....think I will pass although I am sure that it is delish.
I've made this a ZILLION times...we LOVE it and I actually think it tastes almost exactly like Max and Erma's if not better! It's so good, my best friend actually invites herself over for dinner whenever she knows we are making it :) Thanks for the delicious recipe!
Really tasty - especially the second day! I substituted the salsa and can of diced tomatoes with 2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies. I also slow boiled the chicken in a covered skillet pan with water and a cup of chicken broth. Used the broth from cooking the chicken in the soup. I shredded the chicken. Finally, I added 1 Tbsp diced jalepenos. It's not super spicy, but has some nice heat.