Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a latke recipe from Max & Benny's Deli. Enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs peeled ground potatoes (squeeze out excess liquid)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, ground
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until consistency is smooth.
- Scoop out 3 oz portion in a sprayed frying pan apx.
- 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove and set aside.
- After all pancakes are done, put them in another pan with canola oil to fry them golden brown.
- Served with applesauce and sour cream.
These were very flavorful latkes. The garlic powder and white pepper really enchanced the flavor. We lliked these and will make again. Thanks DeSouter. Bullwinkle.