Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the closet (and easiest) recipe I have come across that is very close the Max and Erma's Chicken Tortilla Soup. This came from a quick cooking magazine in 2002. The ingredients are simple and it comes together in less than 15 minutes
- 1 (11 ounce) cancondensed Fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- corn tortilla strips
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, chicken, enchilada sauce and chilies; mix well. Cook until heated through. Garnish with Sour Cream, Shredded cheese and tortilla strips.
I've never been to a "Max & Ermas" before..but I LOVE this soup! The only thing I did different was used the nacho cheese soup because I couldn't find the fiesta cheese. (I bet this recipe would taste awesome poured over chicken burrittos & baked too.)
Had this recently at M & E. So had to try it. Husband and 3 teen sons loved it. I made a double batch.. I cooked 3 boneless chicken breasts and shredded them and added them and then ...INSTEAD of doubling the milk I used half milk and the other half, broth from the chicken. I also took 3 flour tortillas sliced then in 3rds and then thinly sliced them..put them on a cookie sheet and put them in a 375 oven for about 15 minutes. It was great..and to get 3 boys to agree...you know it was good!
Awesome soup. I didn't realize that I got the medium heat enchilada sauce, so only used 1 tbsp of the green chilis. I added more to my bowl, family doesn't like too much spice. I used some grilled chicken, as we do not like canned chicken. Served with chicken quesadillas. After we ate, my DH suggested adding some black beans. Before adding the black beans, it was 4 points on Weight Watcher's 360 program. After adding a can of black beans (rinsed and drained), it upped it to 5 points . Will definitely placed this in our regular rotation!!