Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My own creation fashioned after a squash recipe I found and enjoyed but had to change due to trouble chopping the squash and I made adjustments for sugar and cholesterol.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 firm baking apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put sweet potatoes in an ungreased baking dish.
- Place apples on top and then cranberries.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar, Splenda and nutmeg and sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes just until sweet potatoes are fork tender but still firm.