Recipe by Mawthook
After much testing, adjusting and combining of recipes and ingredients I have finally come up with a chili recipe I’m willing to put the “Mawthook’s” name on. Great served with crusty rolls or tortilla chips.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Now that's some chili!!! Packed full of meat just the way DH likes it. I was even brave and added the cocoa into it. But I could not pick out the cocoa flavor. Mawthook, thanks for a great meal the whole family really liked this!! Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up stewing beef into ½ inch cubes.
- Sprinkle with flour and scramble fry in Canola oil with ground beef, onion, garlic, peppers, and carrot in a large pot or Dutch oven until ground beef and steak are no longer pink. Drain.
- Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir to mix.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add to the meat and vegetable mixture in the pot and mix in well.
- Bring chili to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover loosely and simmer for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so to ensure it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.