Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
There are tons of microwave praline recipes out there, but this is the one that tastes like the ones my mawmaw made, before microwaves were a thought..LOLOL The ones in stores aren't like hers, they are dark brown and creamy. Her pralines were thinner, glassy looking surface, and very sugary!
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- combine all except for vanilla extract in a microwave safe 1 quart bowl or measuring cup.
- Microwave on high for about 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minute.
- Add Vanilla extract and stir quickly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to harden.
- If it sets up too fast while in the bowl just add a bit of evaporated milk.
- My problem was always spooning them out before the sugary mixture was thick enough or had cooled enough. I solved that by stirring quickly and checking to see if it starts to harden around the edges of my spoon or bowl. That's when it's ready to spoon out. It's very humid here so unsure how different climates will affect the outcome.
Sounds great. My doctor won't let me drive at the moment (I suppose I could not listen to him?). I don't have pecans or I would have made it tonight, regardless on whether I am supposes to stand up or not. But I will make and rate (hey I must be a poet; that rhymed great.