Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is another one of Emeril's creations. Goes good with Peacn Crusted Fried Chicken *RAWEGG WARNING The American Egg Board states:"There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell.
Top Review by Geema
I loved the addition of shredded greens in this slaw, and used a nice bag of baby spinach. We love spicy things, so I added a little more cayenne....but ended up breathing fire after every bite! LOL. I didn't make the mayo, but used some bottled that I had on hand. I think that the next time I make this, I will use half mayo and half sour cream. This slaw seemed to make a lot more than 6 servings...probably more like 10 as part of a buffet or a side to a barbeque. Thanks KC.
- 1⁄2 lb white cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb assorted greens, such as mustard greens,collards,or spinach,trimmed,washed,and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped green onion, green parts only
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard or 1⁄4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mayo: In a food processor or blender, blend the egg and lemon juice for 10 seconds.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil through the feed tube.
- Mixture should thicken.
- Add the pepper and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Best if used within 24 hours.
- Slaw: Place the cabbages, greens, red onions, green onions, and parsley in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add the mixture to the greens and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.