Recipe by FACS Teacher
This recipe was original brought to us by my aunt when she lived in Germany, but my grandmother always used to make it for us. My 4-year old daughter loves this recipe and begs to mix up the "secret sauce." Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes or 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece Brown Sugar BBQ)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out corn flakes into crumbs. If using rolled oats, then just leave as they are.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add corn flakes, milk, onion, eggs, beef, salt, and pepper and mix together.
- Shape into a loaf and put into a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add ketchup and tomato juice around meat.
- Put meatloaf in microwave for 15 minutes, then transfer to oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Sauce to go over when served: Mix ketchup and barbecue sauce in equal amounts and pour over twice as much brown sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- I pour half over the meatloaf and set aside the rest for my family to add more themselves.