Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was original brought to us by my aunt when she lived in Germany, but my grandmother always used to make it for us. My 4-year old daughter loves this recipe and begs to mix up the "secret sauce." Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes or 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece Brown Sugar BBQ)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out corn flakes into crumbs. If using rolled oats, then just leave as they are.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add corn flakes, milk, onion, eggs, beef, salt, and pepper and mix together.
- Shape into a loaf and put into a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add ketchup and tomato juice around meat.
- Put meatloaf in microwave for 15 minutes, then transfer to oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Sauce to go over when served: Mix ketchup and barbecue sauce in equal amounts and pour over twice as much brown sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- I pour half over the meatloaf and set aside the rest for my family to add more themselves.