Recipe by candice
This is my grandmother's recipe for baked macaroni. We have it at nearly every holiday and I personally love it with a good roast! It's honestly the best baked mac and cheese I've ever had. No processed stuff here!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk, warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni, drain. Do NOT rinse pasta!
- Immediately add egg to hot pasta and stir.
- Add butter, cheese, and S&P to taste. Stir.
- Put mixture in casserole dish, top with additional cheese if you would like.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.