Prep 2 hrs
Cook 7 mins
We did an Italian cooking workshop on our recent trip to Tuscany, and this is the recipe we got from Mauro and Tze'elah's class.
- Sprinkle the yeast and sugar into 1/2 a cup of warm water.
- Pour the flour onto the work surface, and make a crater in the flour.
- Sprinkle the salt onto the flour.
- Add the yeast mixture, water and beer into the crater.
- Mix the flour and liquids with a fork, and then slowly start kneading the dough with your hands until it is smooth and soft.
- Let it rise for one hour.
- Knead the dough again. If it is sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Make approximately 7 balls for 7 pizzas (this depends on the size of your pan).
- Let it rise for another 45 minutes.
- While it is rising, pre-heat the oven to 230°C Place the pizza stone inside the oven as well, so that it heats up too.
- After 45 minutes, roll the dough out into a circle. Tip: use baking paper to transfer it easily to the hot pizza stone.
- Add sauce and cheese, and bake for 5-7 minutes.