2 hrs 7 mins
We did an Italian cooking workshop on our recent trip to Tuscany, and this is the recipe we got from Mauro and Tze'elah's class.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the yeast and sugar into 1/2 a cup of warm water.
- 2Pour the flour onto the work surface, and make a crater in the flour.
- 3Sprinkle the salt onto the flour.
- 4Add the yeast mixture, water and beer into the crater.
- 5Mix the flour and liquids with a fork, and then slowly start kneading the dough with your hands until it is smooth and soft.
- 6Let it rise for one hour.
- 7Knead the dough again. If it is sticky, add a bit more flour.
- 8Make approximately 7 balls for 7 pizzas (this depends on the size of your pan).
- 9Let it rise for another 45 minutes.
- 10While it is rising, pre-heat the oven to 230°C Place the pizza stone inside the oven as well, so that it heats up too.
- 11After 45 minutes, roll the dough out into a circle. Tip: use baking paper to transfer it easily to the hot pizza stone.
- 12Add sauce and cheese, and bake for 5-7 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mauro's Italian Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 878.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g