Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
The best pancakes ever!! A recipe created by Mo through trial and error and sooo good. A little more work involved but well worth the time, especially on a lazy weekend morning. Feel free to add blueberries (rinsed and dried if frozen), chocolate chips or whatever you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated, saving whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a med-large bowl.
- Add egg YOLKS, vanilla and milk, stir to make smooth batter.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Preheat pan/griddle to med-low heat (3-3.5) with 1-2 teaspoons oil or cooking spray (oil is better) and use a soup ladle or measuring cup to make pancakes about the same size.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when holes appear on top. Cook another minute and transfer to plate, repeat, using all batter. Enjoy with maple syrup or your favourite topping.
These were the fluffiest pancakes I have ever had. Great pancake.